11/8/10

Greenies Pill Pockets


     Why you ask ? How many dog owners out there give their lovable little friends medications that get spit out, nosed over and walked away from? I'll bet that a good 60% of dogs wont willingly take the meds we have to give them in order to keep them as healthy as possible. Lets face it, some meds taste like poop to us and you would think that a dog would go for this flavor. We have all tried to disguise the pills in all kinds messy concoctions and others of us have to wrestle out friends into submission before they give in to the routine of medicating. 
     Thankfully some Veterinarians have come up with a tasty treat that is also good for dogs too. They are enriched with vitamin C and E and come in Chicken and Beef as well as 2 sizes, small and large. My dogs love the beef flavor, but i haven't really tried the chickin flavor on them yet since the beef is such a hit. Would you believe that my little guys almost beg for their meds now that I disguise them so cleverly. If only they really knew. I'm sure they understand that I am feeding them the same gross poop tasting pills that I have been for years, but I'll bet they are glad that I hide them in such a tasty treat.You can also pick up a 6 pack of small or large and save yourself some cash in the long run.
    OMG Cats!! Since I don't have one anymore I tend to forget about their little nuances, thankfully the fine folks at Greenies didn't forget. They are in the business and I'm sure they understand how finicky some cats can be. Some cats go nuts for Salmon and some will only eat Chicken. If you aren't sure then grab a variety pack for cats and see which flavor is a hit.
     While visiting the Greenies Web site I came across these Bones and will most likely have to pick them up and see what my pals think of them. For cats they also have these little treats.
     Either way you look at it, you need your pets to be healthy and happy and if that means disguising yuchy pills in tasty treats then I'm all for it. You Gotta Have Greenies.